Date: 24 November 2020
On 23 November 2020 VMware published a Security Advisory to address a vulnerability in:
- VMware Workspace One Access (Access) - versions 20.01 and 20.10 (Linux only)
- VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) - versions 3.3.1 to 3.3.3 (Linux only)
- VMware Identity Manager Connector (vIDM Connector) - versions 3.3.1 to 3.3.3
- VMware Cloud Foundation - version 4.x
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager - version 8.x
Exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an actor to execute commands with unrestricted privileges on the underlying operating system.
The Cyber Centre encourages users and administrators to review the provided web link and apply the necessary updates when available.
VMware Security Advisory (VMSA-2020-0027)
Note to Readers
The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (Cyber Centre) operates as part of the Communications Security Establishment. We are Canada’s national authority on cyber security and we lead the government’s response to cyber security events. As Canada's national computer security incident response team, the Cyber Centre works in close collaboration with government departments, critical infrastructure, Canadian businesses and international partners to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from cyber events. We do this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response. The Cyber Centre is outward-facing, welcoming partnerships that help build a stronger, more resilient cyber space in Canada.