Date: 13 July 2021
On 13 July 2021 Siemens published Security Advisories to address vulnerabilities in multiple products. Included were updates for the following:
- Solid Edge SE2021 – versions prior to SE2021MP5
- JT Utilities – versions prior to V126.96.36.199
- Mendix - multiple platforms and versions
- RUGGEDCOM ROS - multiple platforms and versions
- SINAMICS PERFECT HARMONY GH180 Drives – all versions
- SINUMERIK – multiple platforms and versions
- RWG Universal Controller – multiple platforms and versions
- JT2Go – versions prior to V13.2
- Teamcenter Visualization – versions prior to V13.2
- RUGGEDCOM WIN – all versions
- SCALANCE – multiple platforms and versions
- Teamcenter Active Workspace – multiple platforms and versions
- SIMATIC – multiple platforms and versions
- SIPROTEC – multiple platforms and versions
Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow an actor to crash services, execute code, extract data, escalate privileges, or cause denial-of-service.
The Cyber Centre encourages users and administrators to review the provided web link, perform the suggested mitigations and apply the necessary updates.
Siemens Security Advisories
Note to Readers
The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (Cyber Centre) operates as part of the Communications Security Establishment. We are Canada’s national authority on cyber security and we lead the government’s response to cyber security events. As Canada's national computer security incident response team, the Cyber Centre works in close collaboration with government departments, critical infrastructure, Canadian businesses and international partners to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from cyber events. We do this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response. The Cyber Centre is outward-facing, welcoming partnerships that help build a stronger, more resilient cyber space in Canada.