Date: 21 July 2021
On 20 July 2021 Adobe published Security Bulletins to address vulnerabilities in multiple products. Included were critical updates for the following:
- Adobe Media Encoder – version 15.2 and prior
- Adobe After Effects – version 18.2.1 and prior
- Adobe Premiere Pro – version 15.2 and prior
- Adobe Prelude – version 10.0 and prior
- Character Animator 2020 – version 4.2 and prior
- Photoshop 2020 – version 21.2.9 and prior
- Photoshop 2021 – version 22.4.2 and prior
Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities could result in arbitrary code execution, arbitrary file system read and privilege escalation.
The Cyber Centre encourages users and administrators to review the provided web link and apply the necessary updates.
Adobe Security Bulletins and Advisories
Note to Readers
The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (Cyber Centre) operates as part of the Communications Security Establishment. We are Canada’s national authority on cyber security and we lead the government’s response to cyber security events. As Canada's national computer security incident response team, the Cyber Centre works in close collaboration with government departments, critical infrastructure, Canadian businesses and international partners to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from cyber events. We do this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response. The Cyber Centre is outward-facing, welcoming partnerships that help build a stronger, more resilient cyber space in Canada.